Revive the Peace
After unilaterally exiting from the 2015 nuclear agreement with Iran in May 2018, an agreement which had been signed by Germany, France, Britain, Russia and China, the U.S. is planning to impose the "strongest sanctions in history" on Iran in November. Trump's lawyer Rudy Giuliani also proclaims "The collapse of the Islamic Republic of Iran is around the corner." The rulers of apartheid Israel are doing all they can to have Iran destroyed by a U.S. war. The Republicans enthusiastically support Trump's military threats. The Democrats can't be expected to mount any serious opposition – indeed many of them will also support war. All this means the U.S. is on the road to a new war. We must oppose it.
Yet, we have to be honest. Iran's woeful human rights record and its participation in Assad's destruction of the Syrian revolution, mass murder of Syrian people and displacement of half the Syrian population are indefensible.
· No war on Iran, no cyberwarfare, no economic sanctions that would hurt the Iranian masses.
· The anti-war movement must remind the world about the horrors of the sanctions on Iraq 1990-2003
· Iran get out of Syria right now. Your intervention is criminal. Stop direct and indirect military intervention in Lebanon, Iraq and Yemen.
· Solidarity with the current uprising of workers, women, unemployed youth, students, teachers, farmers, oppressed ethnic and religious minorities and the dispossessed for social justice and against the Iranian regime and its military interventions abroad.
· While we express support for Iranian democratic forces struggling against the regime, we do not support monarchists and the Mojahedin-e Khalq (MEK) that support U.S. imperialism and receive money from the CIA.
· Iran, end capital punishment and free political prisoners
· Americans, realize that an attack on Iran will not only be devastating to Iranians but will likely lead to a wider war, with catastrophic consequences for the people of the Middle East, the United States, and much of the rest of the world.
adopted August 7, 2018
Iran After Trump's New Threats